How many of these are part of your regular routine?
- Read every day: Keep yourself up-to-date on both your area of expertise as well as popular culture.
- Focus on high-level tasks: Keep the "big picture" top of mind.
- Make your health a priority: Do something every day to be your best self, physically and emotionally.
- Learn from people you admire: Someone in your field, a community leader, your father- anyone who has helped you become who you are.
- Plan your day the night before: get organized! Know what you're facing and have your strategy ready.
- Keep your goals in front of you: Literally. Write them down and keep them where you can see them.
- Take action, even when it's scary: Jump into that deep end and start swimming!
- Have a powerful and inspiring "why": Be able to tell your story to create action and change in others.
I have a #9 to add: Have fun! It doesn't seem as difficult or as much like work if you're having fun.